Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Psalm 51:8-10


Worship: Let the Waters Rise - Mikeschair

I wanted to do a study on guilt because a while back I noticed that I actually felt guilty when I had a couple of decent days pain wise. I actually felt guilty for not trying to go to work just because I was functioning at some level, even though I was still in a great deal of pain and was still on all my pain meds.

Guilt is what has kept me pushing myself to be back at work. Guilt is what has caused me to completely disregard my boundaries. Guilt over not being able to earn a salary; guilt over not being able to do what is needed around the house; guilt over having to sell the home I bought when my dad passed away...

guilt, guilt, and more guilt!


Guilt does not come from God, it is an emotion and a lie that comes from Satan. He knows that when we are stuck in guilt, we cannot serve the Kingdom of God. Jesus died so that I could live without guilt. That  doesn't mean that I am oblivious about the things I do wrong. It does mean that Jesus died so that my sins could be washed away. He was the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. By staying in guilt I am disregarding His great sacrifice for me. Jesus suffered and died so that I didn't have to live with guilt and condemnation! By staying stuck in condemnation, I am saying that Jesus' death meant nothing!

Now, before I go and feel guilty for feeling guilty ;0) this is where daily bible study is so important. By immersing ourselves in God's Word and learning the Truth, we will be better equipped to stand firm against Satan's lies. Satan wants us to stay in the bondage of guilt BUT we have the power of Jesus on our side and because of that we can live in His Truth!

Feeling guilty doesn't make you a better person. Living in guilt doesn't mean that you care more about things. I used to truly believe that by feeling guilty, I was a more caring person. After all, if I didn't feel guilty that meant I didn't care - right? WRONG! We live in a fallen world. Living on earth means living in sin; however, by staying in God's Word, by learning from Jesus' great example, by repenting the moment we sin and RECEIVING God's forgiveness, we are then RELEASED from condemnation, our sins are washed clean through the blood of Jesus, and we are again holy and righteous through Christ. LIVING WITH GUILT IS TO BOW DOWN TO GUILT WHICH IS BOWING DOWN TO SATAN! Satan is the great deceiver. He wants to keep us in bondage through lies and through our feelings. IT IS TIME TO BELIEVE THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD INSTEAD OF BELIEVING SATAN'S LIES!!!

It is time for us to ask God to cleanse our hearts, and renew a right persevering and steadfast spirit within us. It is time to leave the city of guilt and live in God's Promised Land.

How has guilt affected your life and your faith? Are you ready to leave the city of guilt?

Kristina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina, knowing that we don't have to be guilty is very freeing! I think on some level all of us have experienced that false guilt that comes when we take on things that we can do nothing about. That works with trust, too. And you're right -- when we do that, we are ignoring the sacrifice of Jesus. Only HE took the weight of the world on His shoulders -- we don't have to!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to be a safe place where people can talk about their faith or learn more about Jesus Christ. It is not intended to be a debate club. Any offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted.