Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Peace in the Storm

This blog post by Florence really hit me personally. I have come to know Florence well and feel she is a friend. I love her spirit and her faith. She also lives with chronic pain so when she talks about finding peace in the storm, I can absolutely relate. She is right, it is in the storm where we become stronger. If I'm going through an awful time and I am able to find peace through my faith in Jesus, then I will be that much stronger the next time I face trials.

But would God consider me good ground? When I hear the Word, do I understand it? Does my life bear good fruit? Am I being obedient and following God's plan for my life? There are days when I feel so completely in sync with God and being obedient, then there are other days when... well, I'm just not. I guess it's part of the human condition to swing in and out of obedience. But thankfully, the more I study God's Word, the more I learn His amazing Truth, the less time I spend being disobedient. Then, and only then, do I get to experience the awesomeness of being right where He wants me and watching His plan for my life play out with absolute perfection. WOW!

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to be a safe place where people can talk about their faith or learn more about Jesus Christ. It is not intended to be a debate club. Any offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted.