Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Higher Standard - Romans 2:21

This posting by Howard Trill goes in to the higher standard expected from those who teach God's Word. I grew up in a religion where I saw man made laws that had nothing to do with God's laws. I saw double standards and hypocrisy. As I looked through history, I saw manipulation and corruption. All these things served as a barrier between me and my relationship with God. It wasn't until I truly began studying the bible and learning more about Jesus that my relationship with God changed - and I changed.

The religious elite, spiritual con artists, or anyone else who sets up a barrier between people and the Truth are doing far more than bilking people out of their money. As Howard so aptly points out, they are robbing them of their inheritance in Christ.
Romans 2:21-1 "you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal?"
 Thankfully, we do know that those who teach God's Word will be judged by a higher standard. 

Have you experienced this? Have you ever felt that a "religious" person was setting up barriers between you and Jesus through either their actions or their words? What did that do to your faith? How did you learn the Truth?

Kristina

2 comments:

  1. I agree that many who are touting the Word of God are actually marketing themselves or their personal beliefs. We must hold true to God's Word and teach His Word without changing the message to suit us individually. We are in a fabulous church now where the truth is always taught. Praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, yes it is sad when people use the Word of God for their own personal gain. It is my desire to become a true student of God's Word so that I can do my best to live in obedience rather than convenience.

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a safe place where people can talk about their faith or learn more about Jesus Christ. It is not intended to be a debate club. Any offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted.