Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Embracing Seasons

I just finished reading Amy Litzelman's blog post on Embracing the Season. First I must say that when I went to her blog I was struck with how beautiful it was. The colors are vibrant and rich. I knew at once this was someone who appreciated beauty and had the talent to bring it to her blog. Secondly, it is very apparent she loves gardening. Her analogy of comparing the seasons in our lives with seasons in nature was very interesting. Evan and I were actually talking a bit about this today; how God talks about the length of certain seasons and how we see them play out through out history.

I then stopped to think about what season I was in. Certainly I am getting older. Being over 50 has some comical and some annoying issues that crop up, i.e. Why do they make the print on bottles so darn small?!? Then there is the season of my health, which continues to cause problems. Am I hanging on to memories of healthier times at the expense of moving forward in life? This is certainly worth taking a closer look at.

What season are you in? Do you like it or are you stuck trying to stay in better times?

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to be a safe place where people can talk about their faith or learn more about Jesus Christ. It is not intended to be a debate club. Any offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted.