Sunday, September 2, 2012

Devout or Delusional - You Decide








My phone call with my LTD provider left me agitated - as always. As my anxiety levels increased throughout the phone call, I found myself reciting Philippians 4:7 in my head to try and stay calm.


After I got off the phone, questions began flooding my brain: What the heck I would do if my employer fired me or if my LTD provider cut me off? What if my husband can't find work? What if he can't work?? What if we had to sell this place? Where would we live? How could I possibly handle another move? What if I my health never improves? What if I keep getting worse? How will I afford my medications? What, what, when, will...


STOP! With all these questions swirling around in my head I suddenly thought -

Am I a devout Christian or delusional?

By the world's standards, we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle! Yet, God has shown us extraordinary favour these past few months. I know that He did this so that if things got really tough I would not have to worry; I would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is looking out for me. Logically it makes no sense. But God is not limited by our human logic. He is a God of miraculous wonders!


God certainly is able to answer all my prayers, but what if He chooses not to? What if there are lessons I still need to learn and this is the path He has set out for me? I would need to find that peace that transcends all understanding and go through it all with a joyful heart. That is how we become a bright light for others. When people see us going through trials and we have peace and joy, THEN they will want what we have. Then we can tell them the Good News of Jesus Christ with boldness and courage!

* * * * * * * *



What trials have you been going through lately? Are you trusting God to look after you? If not, what is holding you back? What good could you see coming out of your current situation? Is there anyone who could benefit from the lessons you are learning? How do you think your current situation could help you in the future?

Dear Lord, I pray that You would show favour to the people reading this post. I pray that You would give them a peace that transcends all understanding. There are many people who are living with sickness, financial crisis, loss of a loved one - we live in a fallen, hurting world. BUT You are our hope and salvation! You died so that we could be saved! I pray that people will realize the significance of that gift, and that Your Truth will set them free. Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the "if's" in life.God has us in the 'right place' at the 'right time.' IF we will confess and acknowledge God's timing and not our own...and you're right Kristina, it's TRUSTING in our circumstances. And it's about the LEARNING TO LEAN on Jesus during our journey.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to be a safe place where people can talk about their faith or learn more about Jesus Christ. It is not intended to be a debate club. Any offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted.